Most of the cars on the market see is a wet sump, named wet sump is due to engine crankshaft crank and connecting rod on the crankshaft rotates one week will be immersed in the lubricating oil sump in time, lubrication and transport due to the high speed of crankshaft, crank each high speed oil immersion pool will cause certain oil and oil mist lubrication of crankshaft and bearing, called splash lubrication. The lubricating oil in the oil bottom shell of the liquid level height have certain requirements, if too low, crankshaft and connecting rod to be immersed in the lubricating oil, resulting in a lack of lubrication and smooth the crankshaft and connecting rod and bearing; if the oil level is too high will lead to bearing the immersion, the rotating resistance the crankshaft increases, resulting in engine performance degradation, and lubricating oil easily into the combustion chamber of the cylinder, causing the engine burning oil, spark plug fouling problems.
Dry sump is used in many racing engines. It does not store oil in the oil pan, or, to be exact, there is no oil pan. The friction surfaces of these movements in the crankcase are all lubricated by pressing out the oil through a number of holes. Because the dry sump engine eliminates the oil pan oil storage function, so the oil sump height will be greatly reduced, the height of the engine is reduced, reducing the benefits of gravity is conducive to control. The main advantage is to avoid the occurrence of wet oil tank due to the driving of a variety of adverse effects.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Protein separator advantages
- Disadvantages of protein separator
- Principle and characteristics of metering pump
- Characteristics of metering pumps
- Different types of metering pumps
- Installation of metering pumps
- The working principle and characteristics of ax...
- Practical application of water pump
- Single stage single suction centrifugal pump
- Self-priming centrifugal pump
- WaveReef Analyzes the Principle of Protein skimmer
- Protein Skimmer Benefits